Veloforte Recovery Protein Shake - Nova (Banana, Cocoa & Maca Super Blend)
Re-energise, rebuild and recover, naturally.
Nova is a rewardingly smooth, delicious and restorative recovery super-shake, packed full of complete plant protein, blended for optimal recovery with a 3:1 carbs:protein ratio. Made from freeze dried banana, rich cocoa, nature's purest electrolytes & Maca root--a natural adaptogen to restore balance and help combat the stress induced by vigorous exercise.
- complete plant protein from Pea, Brown Rice & Pumpkin--light and gentle on your stomach, with no bloating
- Up to 23g complete protein per serve when mixed with fresh Milk
- 2g BCAAs proven to promote muscle growth and recovery (54-56)
- 3:1 Carb:Protein ratio - optimally balanced for effective recovery(17,18)
- 40g natural carbohydrates for fast effective energy replacement
- Enriched with real fruit, pure electrolytes and maca to restore balance
- Gluten Free & Vegetarian. No sulphites, additives, preservatives, artificial sweeteners, colourings or flavourings--free from any nasties!
- Shake it to make it!
Decadent in taste and texture, but light on your stomach, Nova is blended to taste amazing, even with just water. Delicious with your favourite milk too... just shake until smooth. Crafted with care in the UK, the handy single-serve sachets mean you can take it anywhere, ready to mix.
Get Complete Protein That's Plant-Based!
Nova is made with a careful blend of plant-based protein that delivers a powerful complete amino acid profile.
Pea, rice and pumpkin protein...the winning combo.
Pumpkin protein contains all 9 essential amino acids & is packed with minerals & antioxidants with anti-inflammatory properties--great to relieve sore muscles and joints.(53)
Rice protein is high in many essential amino acids, including cysteine and methionine, but is low in lysine.
Pea protein complements rice protein because it's rich in lysine and contains an impressive amount of Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCCAs) which have been shown to build muscle, decrease muscle fatigue and alleviate muscle soreness.(54-56)
Blended together they create a rich and full amino acid profile--13.5g of complete plant-based protein per serve to effectively repair muscles and kick start your recovery.
Recommended intake: 1 serving, within 30 minutes post workout
Fuelling for exercise is well understood, but for any workout that lasts longer than 90 minutes it is essential that you fuel for your recovery too.(30,31) The best way to do this is with 100% natural & delicious real food, with the optimal balance of Carbohydrates and Protein.(16-18)
How to optimise your recovery
You should aim to:
- replenish with carbohydrates to top-up glycogen stores
- Start to rebuild muscle within the first 30 minutes after exercise with a complete protein source.(30)
Your muscles store energy in the form of glycogen that is released when you exercise. When you work hard your muscles' stores of glycogen are depleted and this is known as the glycogen debt. To optimise recovery it is essential to top up these stores--the quicker the better. Glycogen stores are built up by eating glucose and that means that carbohydrates are your best friends at this time.(30)
With a 3:1 carbohydrate:protein ratio, each 62.5g serving of Nova has plenty of the all-natural essential stuff to kick start your recovery.(17,18)
- Mix a single 62.5g sachet with 300ml of cold water or your favourite milk (plant or dairy!) shake until smooth
- Aim to drink within 30 minutes of finishing exercise
- Once mixed, keep refrigerated and consume within 24 hours. Simple.
- We recommend using a shaker bottle with a mixer ball for optimal mixing
- Shaking them with 300mls cold water makes a rewardingly thick and smooth recovery shake
- Just add more water if you want to loosen the mix
By simply mixing Veloforte's recovery super-shakes with your favourite milk, you can get up to 23g protein per serving.
Ingredients and allergen advice
- Cane Sugar
- Complete Plant-Protein mix (Pea, Rice, Pumpkin)
- Freeze dried Banana
- Maize Starch
- Cocoa Powder
- Coconut Water Powder
- *Maca Root Powder
- Pink Himalayan Salt
- Cinnamon Powder.
Ingredients that are potential allergens are in bold.
They last 12 months when stored in a cool dry place.
- People with nut or peanut allergies.
- Adults (16 years and older) only. This product should be used in conjunction with a varied, balanced diet & healthy lifestyle. *If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or taking prescription medications please consult your doctor.
- 13.5g complete protein
- 1000mg maca
- 2g BCAA
Typical Values: Per 100g Per 67g Serving Energy kJ/KCal1501/355 1006/238 Total Fat (g) 2.3 1.5 Of Which Saturates (g) 1 0.7 Carbohydrates (g) 60.8 40.7 Of Which Sugars (g) 44.4 29.7 Fibre (g) 4.8 3.2 Protein (g) 20.1 13.5 Salt (g) 1.3 0.9 Boost your protein values with: Mixed with 1 Serving of Nova Oat milk (3g) 17 Pea milk (8g) 21.5 Cow's milk (10g) 23.5 Electrolytes: Maca (mg) 1493 1000 Sodium (mg) 374 250 Potassium (mg) 224 150 Magnesium (mg) 17 11.4 Calcium (mg) 14.4 9.6 Amino Acids: Total BCAAs (g) 3 2 Leucine (mg) 1371 918 Iso leucine (mg) 657 441 Valine (mg) 758 508 Aspartic acid (mg) 1739 1199 Glutamic acid (mg) 2893 1939 Serine (mg) 882 591 Glycine (mg) 687 461 Histidine (mg) 447 299 Arginine (mg) 1536 1029 Threonine (mg) 610 409 Proline (mg) 725 486 Tyrosine (mg) 732 490 Methionine (mg)334224 Cystine (mg)204136 Phenylalanine (mg) 911 610 Lysine (mg) 1035 693 Tryptophan 55 37
Informed Sport Certified
Recovery Protein Shakes products are produced within an Informed Sport Certified facility.
The current batch D352 (BB March 2022) is INFORMED SPORT ACCREDITED