With an emphasis on simple, light and efficient movement, Arc’teryx continues to push the boundaries of what is possible in mountain running with the introduction of the Norvan SL shoe for Spring 2019.
Weighing in at 160 grams (womens size 7), this packable, hydrophobic trail running shoe is designed for higher performance in shorter distance running.
• Superlight construction for speed and agility on trails
• Vibram® Megagrip outsole for exellent grip on technical terrain
• Packable and compressible – clips to pack or harness
A NEW DEFINITION OF IMPOSSIBLY LIGHT
“The idea for the Norvan SL came from our athletes and their need for the lightest possible footwear while running and moving between climbs. Often our athletes will take the lightest footwear they have, but we didn’t see a solution that was light enough, packable and had solid grip. So we made one.” Greg Grenzke Footwear and Ascent Design Manager.
Creating a shoe this light required the designers to think outside the box. In the case of the Norvan SL shoe, the box and everything inside was merged into one unit. This shoe fuses the TPU upper, midsole and tongue together, reducing weight and creating unparalleled conformity. The result is a lightweight shoe that offers greater comfort during runs. To further increase performance, the Norvan SL shoe uses a specially designed sole system to transfer weight forward when in use. When compressed, the shoe releases energy forward which benefits the user moving in the same direction. The shoe’s weight is complimented by packability options. A collapsible heel, and clip in points to attach to a harness or backpack, allow it to be stowed, packed or stashed until needed.
LESS PAIN, MORE GAIN
In most cases, achieving an impressively light weight means cutting down on quality of life features like comfort. This is not the case with the Norvan SL running shoe. The shoe incorporates an anatomical open structure, with an extremely breathable upper mesh layer. The ultralight sole is built for comfort with a conforming foam midsole, supported by Vibram® litebase with Megagrip below for a solid grip on any surface.
Activity: Trail running
Weight: Women’s – 160g / 5.6oz (US7)
Fit: Slightly larger or true to size
- Superlight trail running shoe with climbing and scrambling agility
- 7mm drop and sole system transfer weight forward through strides
- Air-permeable stretch mesh uppers form to the shape of your feet
- Ultra-lightweight forefoot TPU plate protects against trail debris
- Collapsible heel and clip in points allow for storage until needed
- Superlight EVA midsole sheds grams without sacrificing performance
- Vibram MegaGrip soles with 3.5mm lugs grip into wet and dry terrain